Sunday 2 October 2011

LFW Day 2: Lako Bukia

I kicked off the second day of LFW with the Lako Bukia SS12 show at Vauxhall Fashion Scout for which I did the soundtrack. I created an original bespoke remix of Arcade Fire's The Suburbs (Continued) which I mixed in with Nicolas Jaar's exquisite remix of Azari & III and Caribou's remix of Radiohead. For the finale I chose the upbeat synth-pop sound of Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) by Arcade Fire to contrast with the minimal soundtrack of the main show.

Lako's delicate and beautiful collection mixed Asian-influenced style and prints with a contemporary minimal design to flattering and striking effect, the flowing chiffon dresses were complimented by structured uniform pieces that retained a soft element in their boldness with a red, black and white color palette. Gorgeous.

Below is a photo I took backstage, the full video of the show and a link to stream just my soundtrack featuring my original remix of Arcade Fire as well as a link to download.




No comments:

Post a Comment