Tuesday 5 July 2011

Arcade Fire at Hyde Park, Listen to 2 new songs!

I went to see Arcade Fire at Hyde Park for Wireless a few days ago. It's been a while since I've seen them live, having first seen them way back in 2005 at the first London Astoria gig. Since then I've mostly seen them in small venues, including the amazing church gigs they've done, and having never seen them at a festival this was the biggest Arcade Fire gig I've been to. It was bizarre witnessing 60,000 people sing along to a band that I've mostly listened to on my own or with smaller crowds, but it was mostly an enjoyable experience. Interestingly I thought their newer material suited the atmosphere more so than their Funeral-era songs, and I wish they had actually played more from The Suburbs. Overall it was a great show but I still prefer seeing them in a more intimate environment! Check out photos below and two previously unreleased songs which will appear on the deluxe edition of The Suburbs along with a short film by Spike Jonze, coming August 2nd from Merge.

No comments:

Post a Comment