Wednesday 8 February 2012

Evian Christ


To my surprise I stumbled upon Evian Christ on an NME weekly round-up of top tracks, don't ask me why I was on the NME site but I didn't realise they were promoting such fresh music these days? I guess now that they've exhausted all topics on the Libertines and The Strokes they're branching out, but I wonder how Evian Christ, real name Joshua Leary, would feel about being placed on a list including Lana Del Rey and Skrillex.

The 22 year old London-based producer has recently signed to Tri Angle records and released his mixtape through Soundcloud, which you can download for free. Leary's productions come on like Ambien-induced hallucinations of melting Dali-esque landscapes dreamt to a soundtrack of West-Coast rap while sampling obscure Portland-based ambient artist, and one-time Xiu Xu collaborator, Grouper. This is without a doubt the best thing I have heard so far this year, and I am excited to see where it goes. Check out the full mixtape, Kings and Them, here:


No comments:

Post a Comment