Friday 4 March 2011

The Strokes - You're So Right

The Strokes dropped the Under Cover of Darkness 7" single a few days ago along with the album track You're So Right as a B-Side. Whereas Under Cover of Darkness was more akin to Is This It-era Strokes with its intersecting riffs and epic twist on garage-rock aesthetics, You're So Right sounds more like something that was left off of previous album Last Impressions of Earth, a moody and almost monotone number that doesn't really go anywhere, although I do like the sentiment. Writing credit for the song goes to bassist Nikolai Fraiture. In an interview with NME, frontman Julian Cassablancas stated: “It counters some of the happy vibes on the other tracks. I like dark things!” New album Angles arrives on the 22nd of this month.

Listen to the song below, read the lyrics and watch the video for the far superior Under Cover of Darkness:





Tell me what happened
If you like
Get off on the same floor
Every night

What are the reasons
To fall out
I wanna tell you
Nothing


I’m done with the office
Hello, forest
I still want to ask you
Something more

I don’t want to fight
Don’t wanna beg you anymore

I don’t wanna argue


I wouldn't let you

I'd never let you

If I could

No comments:

Post a Comment